Key Verse: Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- Don’t forget God!
- Deuteronomy 6:12 – 14 12 then beware, lest you forget the Lord who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 13 You shall fear the Lord your God and serve Him, and shall take oaths in His name. 14 You shall not go after other gods, the gods of the peoples who are all around you.
We know all that He does, but who is He?
Almost every discovery about God comes from a place of crisis in our lives.
Revelation often comes from tribulation.
Discovery often comes through difficulty.
- God is…
- One – Deuteronomy 6:4; John 10:30
- Spirit – John 4:24
- Creator. Genesis 1:1
- Jealous – Nahum 1:2
- Slow to anger – Nahum 1:3
- Great in power. Nahum 1:3
- Good – Nahum 1:7
- A strong hold in day of trouble Nahum 1:7
- A consuming fire Hebrews 12:29
- My helper – Psalm 54:4
- Our refuge and strength – Psalm 46:1
- He is Jehovah Jireh! Genesis 22:11-14; Genesis 22:23
Three discoveries from Abraham’s difficulty.
- God will see to it!
- God is showing us!
- God is providing for us!