Key Verse: Luke 17:1-6; Matthew 17:14-21
Increase Our Faith.
Faith is present! Our faith isn’t always perfect!There is a desire for more!
This is not a request for faith, rather to increase their faith!
Four facts about Faith
- There is Saving Faith – Acts 16:31; John 3:36; 1 John 5:13
- Our Faith Can Grow – 1 Peter 2:2; 2 Thessalonians 1:3; 2 Corinthians 10:15
- God gives us faith – Hebrews 12:2-3
- Growing Faith allows for every area of our life to grow.
Four Ways to increase our Faith
- Prayer increases our faith – Luke 17:5; Mark 9:24
- Knowledge and Understanding increases our faith. Luke 17:6
- Hearing the Word of God increases our faith – Romans 10:17; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Nehemiah 8:5-8; Acts 6:7
- Prayer and Fasting increases our faith. Matthew 17:19-21; Psalm 35:13; Psalm 69:10; Isaiah 58:8-9
Four Reasons Why You need increased Faith
- To Fulfill Your Call – Acts 17:26;
- To See the Miraculous Power of God Matthew 13:58
- To Please God. Hebrews 11:6, Matthew 15:22
- Faith to produce good works. 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3
A Three Word Prayer met with three impossible situations. Luke 17:6; Matthew 17:20
Compare the two verses in Luke and Matthew, we see that He speaks about three impossible situations:
It is not easy to uproot a mulberry tree. You should know the mulberry tree has a deep and invasive root system. You probably can cut a mulberry tree, but it is extremely difficult to uproot it.
Mulberry trees don’t grow in the ocean. it is impossible to plant a mulberry tree in the water and it survive, nor will it grow and bear fruit.
Thirdly, very clearly you cannot even shake, let alone move a small hill, let alone moving an entire mountain from here to there.
So, what Jesus was actually saying was a faith as small as a mustard seed would make the impossible possible in your life.
Faith is taking the Gospel in; works is taking the Gospel out.
Lord Increase our Faith! Increased Faith is unleashed faith!
You must log in to post a comment.